Wednesday 10 December 2014

Christmas Special: Speculaas Engelen.

Oh hello! Let me introduce myself, I'm Anisah and I like to bake. The reason I say this is because I haven't done a blog post in a million years! I apologise! But don't worry, I haven't disappeared off the face of the earth (not that you've missed me...teehee). So after all this time, I've decided to bake something Christmas-sy for you. Enjoy :D

I've made Christmas cake, I've made mince pies (these may feature on the blog at a later date), but I wanted to make something a little bit different today. Speculaas! Speculaas is a spiced biscuit from the Netherlands, often given as a gift at this time of year. When I was young, we always had a mini celebration of Sinterklaas (Saint Nicholas Day) on the 5th and 6th December. My Mum is Dutch, so it was just something we did (and probably a good way of keeping us quiet in those weeks before Christmas). Any excuse for more food and presents I suppose!

I used the recipe from the BBC food website. I also bought a lovely copper angel biscuit cutter recently- so I felt that this was the perfect opportunity to use it (hence the speculaas engelen).





Please note...I don't normally post photos of myself, but I just wanted to show off my Christmas jumper and all that. Anyway, hopefully a couple more posts may appear in the next couple of weeks. Merry Christmas :D x

No comments:

Post a Comment